Hello! Welcome to the Spotify User Guidelines ("User Guidelines") which apply when using Spotify's websites, applications and services that reference these User Guidelines (the "Services") including accessing any type of material or content made available through those Services ("Content"). These User Guidelines are designed to ensure the Services stay enjoyable for everyone.
We may update these User Guidelines from time to time -- you can find the latest version on our website.
Violating these User Guidelines may result in removal of any content or material you've contributed to the Services and/or termination or suspension of your account. We try to make the Services broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use our Services if we've previously terminated your account on any of our Services. We also prohibit attempts to circumvent prior enforcement actions, including through the creation of new accounts.
The following is not permitted for any reason whatsoever in relation to the Services and the material or content made available through the Services, or any part thereof:
Please respect Spotify, the owners of the material and content on the Services, and other users of the Services. Don't engage in any activity, post any User Content, or register or use a username, which is or includes material that:
- is offensive, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, threatening, or obscene, or advocates or incites violence;
- is intended to or does harass or bully other users;
- is illegal, or intended to promote or commit an illegal act of any kind, including violations of intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or proprietary rights of Spotify or a third party, or would violate any agreement to which you are a party, such as, by way of example and not limitation, an exclusive recording agreement or publishing agreement;
- includes your password or purposely includes any other user's password or purposely includes personal data of third parties or is intended to solicit such personal data;
- exposes confidential or proprietary information of a third party or personal information about yourself that is not intended to be broadcast to people around the world;
- includes malicious content such as malware, Trojan horses, or viruses, or otherwise interferes with any user's access to the Spotify Service;
- impersonates or misrepresents your affiliation with Spotify (including, for instance, by using Spotify's copyrighted content, using the Spotify logo without permission, or otherwise using Spotify trademarks in a confusing manner), another user, person, or entity, or is otherwise fraudulent, false, deceptive, or misleading;
- involves the transmission of unsolicited mass mailings or other forms of spam, junk mail, chain letters, or similar;
- unauthorized commercial or sales activities, such as advertising, promotions, contests, sweepstakes, gambling, bookmaking, or pyramid schemes;
- unauthorized linking to, referencing, or otherwise promoting commercial products or services, except as expressly authorized by Spotify;
- interferes with or in any way disrupts the Spotify Service, tampers with, breaches, or attempts to probe, scan, or test for vulnerabilities in the Spotify Service or Spotify's computer systems, network, usage rules, or any of Spotify's security components, authentication measures or any other protection measures applicable to the Spotify Service, the Content or any part thereof;
- conflicts with the Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use or any other terms or policies applicable to your use of any of the Services; or
- has been removed from any of our services for a breach of our terms or policies, such as a prohibited track, episode or show. This includes content being created or repurposed to reconstitute or serve the same objective as previously removed Content.