Backend Engineering Manager - Infrastructure and Operations
We are looking for an Engineering Team Lead (Chapter Lead) to drive the backend engineering practice within our Infrastructure and Operations organization. In this role, you will be instrumental in building platforms and tools that allow our developers to iterate fast on product. Our current focus areas are around improving developer experience, visualizing and improving the reliability of the Spotify backend ecosystem, and developing deployment and capacity tooling for an ephemeral infrastructure.
Our organization of engineers and technical product managers is located primarily in New York, with close ties to teams in Boston and Stockholm.
What you’ll do:
- You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and hands-on career development
- You will provide deep technical guidance in a number of aspects of infrastructure engineering of internal tools, mostly in a Java ecosystem
- You will work closely with counterparts throughout the infrastructure organization and collaborate on shared projects and cultivate best practices
- You will be based in New York, but travel occasionally
Who you are:
- You are passionate about technology and aren’t afraid of getting into the weeds
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great products
- You are an experienced leader in using modern practices and tools to develop and operate infrastructure
- You are either an experienced manager or a top-level individual contributor looking to make a move to team leadership
- You have experience in fostering a strong engineering culture in an agile and devops environment
- You want to make an impact
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.