Marketing Analyst, APAC (Tokyo)
We are looking for a Marketing Analyst to join the band and help drive a data-first culture across Spotify. As a Marketing Analyst, your mission is to turn terabytes of data into insights and provide the APAC (Tokyo) Marketing teams with analytics that help them to plan and measure their marketing performance.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide the Tokyo Marketing teams with analytics that help them to plan and measure their marketing performance.
- Leverage Spotify’s user data to monitor the impact of marketing activities on core business KPIs such as monthly active usage, subscriber LTV and retention.
- Work with Spotify’s media agencies in Asia to set up all aspects of campaign measurement and attribution via tools like Google Analytics and Adjust.
- Work alongside Strategic Marketing Insights team at Spotify to inform the overall marketing strategy and KPI targets for the APAC region.
- As required, assist other Marketing teams, (e.g., PR, Social, CSR and Advertiser Marketing) with analytics asks in support of their activities in APAC.
- Align global insights studies with local market needs and socialize findings with relevant regional stakeholders.
- Perform regular competitive analysis via 3rd Party tools like Comscore and App Annie to monitor Spotify’s position in Tokyo.
- Work directly with our Creative and Media Agencies to onboard and train their staff with our analytics tools, and support their efforts
- Combine analytic results with Brand and Business KPIs into regular reports for Spotify’s CMO and Spotify’s Markets Team.
- Collect best practice learnings for all Spotify’s different marketing activities in Tokyo and share with relevant local stakeholders.
Who You Are:
- You are someone that lives and breathes marketing analytics. You combine a deep understanding of digital and mobile marketing strategies and tactics with the tools required to measure them.
- You must have the core skills required to access and analyze Spotify’s user data via Big Query, including SQL and Python.
- You have strong knowledge of the digital marketing ecosystem as well as campaign measurement tactics and metrics (impressions, CTR, GRPs, etc.).
- You are an expert in Digital Attribution with the ability to distinguish and socialize differences between attribution systems (last interaction, rule-based, fractional), and leverage the results in actionable media practices
- You must have strong skills in Google Analytics, and Google Tag Manager.
- Knowledge of web, mobile and social measurement tools like Comscore, Adjust, App Annie and Simply Measured is a plus.
- Solid fundamental understanding of statistics, and experience with statistical analysis using Excel, R, SPSS or comparable packages.
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms.
- You are inherently curious and go above and beyond if you find data taking you in interesting and/or unexpected places.
- Familiarity with media mix / econometric modeling is a plus.
- MUST speak both English and Japanese.