Senior Backend Infrastructure Engineer
The Infrastructure and Operations (I/O for short) team’s mission is to ensure that Spotify engineers can iterate as fast as possible. We create technologies and solutions that allow our developers to focus on building the best music streaming product in the world. We are now looking for senior engineers to help us improve upon our reliability, container orchestration, and continuous delivery platforms. As part of a small cross-functional team, you’ll work on problems of scale that impact our entire development lifecycle from staging to canary to production.
What we’re looking for
- Professional experience designing, building, and operating distributed systems at large-scale i.e. affecting thousands of machines/nodes
- Java and Python experience strongly preferred; deep experience in a language of choice
- Proficient in unit and integration testing paradigms
- Proficiency with Linux tools and shell scripting
Example Focus Areas (within I/O)
Below are some examples of focus areas within our team:
- Service containerization and deployment (with tools like Docker and Kubernetes)
- Reliability insights (with tools like Elasticsearch, GCL, and BigQuery)
- Service discovery and load balancing
- Automated capacity management and provisioning
- Monitoring and synthetic testing
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.