Spotify User Guidelines
Hello! Welcome to the Spotify User Guidelines ("User Guidelines") which apply when using Spotify's websites, applications and services that reference these User Guidelines (the "Services") including accessing any type of material or content made available through those Services ("Content"). These User Guidelines are designed to ensure the Services stay enjoyable for everyone. In addition to these User Guidelines, content must adhere to the Spotify Platform Rules ("Platform Rules").
We may update these User Guidelines and the Platform Rules from time to time - you can find the latest version on our website.
Violating the User Guidelines or Platform Rules may result in removal of any content or material you've contributed to the Services and/or termination or suspension of your account. We try to make the Services broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use our Services if we've previously terminated your account on any of our Services. We also prohibit attempts to circumvent prior enforcement actions, including through the creation of new accounts.
The following is not permitted for any reason whatsoever in relation to the Services and the material or content made available through the Services, or any part thereof:
- reverse-engineering, decompiling, disassembling, modifying, or creating derivative works, except where such restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law. If applicable law allows you to decompile any part of the Services or Content where required in order to obtain the information necessary to create an independent program that can be operated with the Services or with another program, the information you obtain from such activities (a) may only be used for the foregoing objective, (b) may not be disclosed or communicated without Spotify's prior written consent to any third party to whom it is not necessary to disclose or communicate in order to achieve that objective, and (c) may not be used to create any software or service that is substantially similar in its expression to any part of the Services or the Content;
- copying, reproducing, redistributing, "ripping," recording, transferring, performing, framing, linking to or displaying to the public, broadcasting, or making available to the public, or any other use which is not expressly permitted under the Agreements or applicable law, or which otherwise infringes intellectual property rights;
- importing or copying any local files that you do not have the legal right to import or copy in this way;
- transferring copies of cached Content from an authorized Device to any other Device via any means;
- "crawling" or "scraping", whether manually or by automated means, or otherwise using any automated means (including bots, scrapers, and spiders), to view, access or collect information;
- selling, renting, sublicensing, leasing or other monetization except as expressly permitted under the Agreements;
- selling a user account or playlist, or otherwise accepting or offering to accept any compensation, financial or otherwise, to influence the name of an account or playlist or the content included on an account or playlist; or
- artificially increasing play counts or follow counts, artificially promoting Content, or other manipulation including by (i) using any bot, script or other automated process, (ii) providing or accepting any form of compensation (financial or otherwise), or (iii) any other means;
- circumventing any technology used by Spotify, its licensors, or any third party, including any territorial or other content access restrictions applied by Spotify or its licensors;
- circumventing or blocking advertisements or creating or distributing tools designed to block advertisements;
- removing or altering any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property notices (including for the purpose of disguising or changing any indications of ownership or source);
- deleting or altering any part of the Services or Content except as expressly permitted under the Agreements or, in the case of Content made available by another user, with such user's express consent; or
- providing your password to any other person or using any other person's username and password.
Please respect Spotify, the owners of the material and content on the Services, and other users of the Services. Don't engage in any activity, post any User Content, or register or use a username, which is or includes material that:
- is illegal, or intended to promote or commit an illegal act of any kind, including violations of intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or proprietary rights of Spotify or a third party, or would violate any agreement to which you are a party, such as, by way of example and not limitation, an exclusive recording agreement or publishing agreement;
- includes your password or purposely includes any other user's password or purposely includes personal data of third parties or is intended to solicit such personal data;
- exposes confidential or proprietary information of a third party or personal information about yourself that is not intended to be broadcast to people around the world;
- includes malicious content such as malware, Trojan horses, or viruses, or otherwise interferes with any user's access to the Spotify Service;
- impersonates or misrepresents your affiliation with Spotify (including, for instance, by using Spotify's copyrighted content, using the Spotify logo without permission, or otherwise using Spotify trademarks in a confusing manner), another user, person, or entity, or is otherwise fraudulent, false, deceptive, or misleading;
- involves the transmission of unsolicited mass mailings or other forms of spam, junk mail, chain letters, or similar;
- unauthorized commercial or sales activities, such as advertising, promotions, contests, sweepstakes, gambling, bookmaking, or pyramid schemes;
- unauthorized linking to, referencing, or otherwise promoting commercial products or services, except as expressly authorized by Spotify;
- interferes with or in any way disrupts the Spotify Service, tampers with, breaches, or attempts to probe, scan, or test for vulnerabilities in the Spotify Service or Spotify's computer systems, network, usage rules, or any of Spotify's security components, authentication measures or any other protection measures applicable to the Spotify Service, the Content or any part thereof;
- conflicts with the Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use or any other terms or policies applicable to your use of any of the Services; or
- has been removed from any of our services for a breach of our terms or policies, such as a prohibited track, episode or show. This includes content being created or repurposed to reconstitute or serve the same objective as previously removed Content.