Senior Manager, Internal Controls
Spotify is looking for a Senior Manager, Internal Controls for the Internal Controls team. You will be one of the leaders on this team and help develop the strategy and support the efforts of the function. This position reports to the Head of Internal Controls and is based in New York.
The internal controls team owns the SOX internal controls framework and supports the annual compliance effort. We also work cross-functionally to identify other areas of operational, financial, and technology risk and we support the impacted functions as they mitigate those other risks. Our feedback is also important for influencing business decisions.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for the SOX internal controls strategy and approach, including an effective internal controls assessment process. Liaise with our external auditors to align our SOX approach.
- Support our team and the different functions while they develop and update process documentation including flowcharts, narratives and risk and control matrices.
- Collaborate with functional leads and provide internal controls support as changes in business, process and systems happen regularly.
- Develop recommendations for policy, process, and internal control improvements.
- Own reporting on the progress of the SOX program and ensure that open items are resolved.
- Partner with functions to support other regulatory and compliance needs by providing advice and management assurance.
- Stay abreast of changes to regulation as well as best practice within SOX and internal controls. Share your ideas and perspectives with the rest of the Spotify team and help us improve.
- Bachelor degree with major in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance. CPA is strongly preferred, CIA and/or CISA is a plus.
- At least 9 years of work experience, including 5+ years of recent experience with SOX. Experience from Big 4 is a merit.
- Significant experience working with SOX control frameworks such as testing and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of business process controls. Experience with digital subscriptions, technology or ad media is a plus.
- Knowledge of internal control principles (e.g. COSO), financial and operational processes, risks, and IT general controls is required.
- Current knowledge of IFRS is a merit.
- Experience with NetSuite and/or other similar cloud ERP is a merit, as is experience with analytical tools like ACL and Tableau.
- Experience working with multinationals is required; experience working with a FPI is a merit.
- Some travel required.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.