Product Manager - Content Programming Operations
We are looking for a passionate Product Manager to join the Programming Ops team. This team operates and helps other teams to innovate through a central part of Spotify’s platform and toolset for programmed and personalized content experiences. You will own and manage processes and help the larger Programming Platform organisation to define the product requirements. Working with a multitude of internal stakeholders, spanning all disciplines within the company, your work will have a huge impact on Spotify’s ability to deliver the right content at the right time to our users.
You must be located in, or willing to relocate to, Stockholm, Sweden, where this team resides.
What you’ll do
- Manage the product vision for the team, set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals with a deep understanding of Spotify’s mission and strategies
- Define and own processes and best practises for operations through Spotify’s Content Programming/personalization toolset
- Continuously train, support and advise internal teams to improve their quality and rate of innovation
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a wide range of audiences, from internal stakeholders to all Spotify employees
Who you are
- You have at least 3 years of product or project management experience working closely with software development operating at a global scale
- You have BA/BS degree in Psychology, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- You have excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical understanding
- You are experienced with agile methodology and data-informed product development
- You have exceptional communication and presentation skills; storytelling; ability to speak fluently to business people, partners and engineers
- You have demonstrable experience managing and developing well-loved products – including defining product road maps and long-term plans.
- You get stuff done! As demonstrated by working as a product or project manager in high performing teams that have built, deployed, and iterated-on software applications.
- You have a proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation, and in a variety of contexts.
- You’re entrepreneurial and driven, but you’re also a gifted diplomat who can influence cross-functional teams without wielding formal authority.
- Familiarity with large scale Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Domain knowledge of the music industry and/or online entertainment.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.