Senior Editor/Music Programmer - Paris
We are looking for a broadly experienced Sr. Editor/Music Programmer to join Spotify’s Shows - and Editorial team in France, for a period of 6 months. You will identify and curate first rate music playlist listening - and programming experiences for a multitude of our moods, moments, and genres, demonstrate a passion for performance-oriented analytics, and will have your ear to the ground in the music community, focusing on France. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you'll do
- Play a senior editorial role in daily programming and strategy for France
- Present and follow up on strategic and creative projects and bets within France.
- Road Manage strategic bets within Shows & Editorial (S&E) and represent S&E in cross-functional bets within the Company, for France
- Curate for a fixed number of varied playlists, as a replacement for parental leave.
- Identify and substantiate programming and playlist hypotheses.
- Analyze analytics and performance indicators of your own work.
- Work with the European / Global Editorial Team and cross-functional teams to progress towards various content objectives.
- Help build and maintain strong links between Spotify’s Shows & Editorial team and the music creator community including artists, managers and record label and publishing company executives.
- Work from our office in Paris.
Who you are
- Approximately 5 years of experience in the music industry, programming music for TV, radio- or other media networks, where connecting and serving audiences with artists, creators and music in today’s music - landscapes have been an integral part of your job and missions.
- You have a deep knowledge of music and culture, with a focus on France and its music marketplace.
- You possess a perfect level of written and spoken French and English and you’re also able to demonstrate a strong understanding of - and experience with - Spotify as a user and fan.
- You are also able to lean on a good reputation and a strong network within the French music -and entertainment industry.
- You care about attention to detail and organisation, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a friendly, warm attitude
- You have a story that demonstrates your passion for music that you can tell us about!
Note that this position is a maternity leave cover for 6 months!
Please attach your CV in English!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.