AP Accountant - Japan
As the first point of contact with our internal customers and vendors for AP in Japan, this role will have a significant impact on our ability to meet SLA’s and a right first time approach will be critical to our service delivery.
Reporting to Japan Accounting Manager, the ideal candidate is highly self-motivated and versatile team player who is able to work in multi-cultural and fast-paced environment. He or she must be able to deal with ambiguity & adapt to changes quickly, be able to independently manage escalations across various functional teams, and willing and able to be hands-on.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking for growth and challenges, and be part of a global team in one of the fastest growing tech companies. The position is based in Tokyo.
What you will do
- Responsible for execution of month end close, ensuring results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with accounting principles and standards, and company policies and processes.
- Perform assigned accounts reconciliation, fluxes and follow up on key issues
- Review and register incoming invoices, ensuring 3-way PO matching, and prepare payment proposal.
- Review employee expense reports, validating receipts and invoices, post journal entries and perform account reconciliations.
- Track accounts payable KPIs to ensure process improvement opportunities are identified and can be implemented.
- Support external and internal audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility and help develop/refine accounts payable accounting processes and procedures.
- Work cross functionally with Finance and various business owners on policies, processes, and help drive key accounts payable initiatives and best practices.
- Mentor, teach and review work of other supporting members of the accounting team as needed
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate or lead in special projects, ERP implementation, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned (such as projects to optimize reporting platforms and processes)
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting with CPA or CA or ACCA qualification preferred.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of accounts payable experience at a global or regional organization, preferably in digital subscriptions or digital advertising industry
- Experience developing and monitoring accounts payable KPIs
- Experience with major ERP system required (e.g. Oracle, SAP, NetSuite).
- Excellent time and self-management skills, meticulous, and able to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines required.
- Technically proficient with web applications and MS Office (strong Excel skills), and be comfortable with extremely large data volume.
- Possess excellent analytical and communication skills across all levels.
- Quick learner, service-oriented, process focused, versatile and strong team player
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment a plus.
- Prior Big 4 experience and knowledge of IFRS and/or US GAAP preferred
- Work experience in engaging outsourcing companies or shared services will be an advantage.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.