Software Engineer - Backend
We are looking for engaged and enthusiastic Software Engineers to join one of our teams. We are working together in autonomous teams that take full responsibility for their own part of the Spotify ecosystem. Some teams work with a feature like search, others focus on supporting monitoring or making it super easy to deploy features on a certain type of client. You will join a team where everyone share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development. Together we try to find new ways to create a great Spotify experience for all our users at all times. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with focus on high availability, low latency and scalability
- Build and operate infrastructure, toolset and deployment pipelines
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross- functional team
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, potentially including taking part in an on-call rotation
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
- Continuously improve our product by innovating on the service through the usage of A/B tests.
Who you are
- You are comfortable writing Java or Python
- You are are interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- You are experienced working with modern infrastructure and tools
- You are comfortable running your software in Linux environments
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming and automated testing
- You’re familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems and enjoy seeing millions of users running your code
- You have good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
We are currently looking for backend engineers to work with
- End user features, for example search, podcasts or content personalization
- Infrastructure and operations: build and maintain Spotify’s authentication and authorization services, tools, infrastructure around storage
- Financial systems, such as the systems to handle subscriptions and accounting
- API development
- Transcoding and delivery systems primarily for audio and video
- Spotify integrations on emerging platforms and hardware partners such as cars, TVs and speakers manufacturers<span
You will work from our awesome office in Stockholm - we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.