Spotify’s Internal IT team provides remote and on-site technical support to employees worldwide. The team is responsible for maintaining office IT infrastructure and developing and administering internal systems.
Spotify is currently searching for a Desktop Engineer to give the Internal IT team the boost it needs to scale together with the growth of the company. You will be providing new staff members with what they need to hit the ground running. You and your team will be responsible for packaging, testing and deploying all of the tools and applications used at the company. You will also handle workstation patching, infrastructure administration and support. Our infrastructure is quite unique; you will have the opportunity to work with new and interesting technologies. Above all, your work will affect the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for packaging, testing, and deploying all new applications and patches
- Responsible for all UAT of pushed patches, applications, and computer configurations
- Develop, support and maintain Apple, Windows and Linux operating system images for the employee endpoints
- Ensure correct installation, configuration, use and maintenance of the Computer Management system
- Responsible for the Malware / Anti-virus solutions for all of the employee endpoints, including laptop, desktops, and mobile devices owned by Spotify
- Work from our office in Stockholm, Sweden
Who you are
- You have 3+ years of computer management experience
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language, ie: Python
- Shown skills in computer software automated rollouts, aka Pushing software
- You have experience working with configuration mangements, ie: Chef, Puppet, JAMF
- Ability to provision using automated tools on Mac, PC and/or Linux
- Familiarity with SSL Encryption and Managing endpoint certificates
- You have basic TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SSH Skills
- You articulate yourself well in English, vocally and in writing
- You are a standout colleague that actively collaborates with people around you to find solutions to problems
- You are passionate about creating efficiency and ease of use for end users
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.