Spotify is becoming an overall audio and video experience with the addition of our New Integrated Content Experiences team. We’re looking for a high level Media Managing Assistant Editor who will thrive in this cross-functional opportunity being led by the Post Production Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for footage ingests, file metadata tagging, edit preparation (syncing, marking, string out, etc.), media logging, media archiving, media transferring, and ensuring that overall project organization stays true to our process. This role is based out of our Los Angeles location but will be heavily collaborating with the extension of our team based in New York.
What you'll do
- Ingest and maintain all assets on our web platforms and local database
- Monitor storage space and diagnostics
- Create proxy files and sync footage in preparation for offline edits
- Proactively clear external drives once associated ingests have been successfully transfered to allow for future use in the field
- Group multi-cam shoots
- Archive completed projects and restore when requested
- Tag media with pertinent metadata that enables searchability
- Prepare projects for vendor color and sound finishing
Who you are
- 5+ years of Assistant Editor and Media Management experience
- Overall knowledge of a server-based shared storage workflow
- Advanced Premiere Pro skill set
- Accountable work ethic in quick turnaround environment
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to troubleshoot projects when needed
- Must have a dense understanding of color and sound final finishing
- Music lovers a plus!
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.