Team Lead Music Programming - South America/Colombia
We are looking for an experienced Manager to lead our South America Shows & Editorial team. In this role you will oversee the music programming and curation at Spotify for the South American region - with a focus on Colombia. You will ensure a top notch programmed experience for a multitude of moods, moments, and genres, as well as an engaging editorial approach for music and lifestyle. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you'll do
- Leading and managing the South American team of music editors/programmers.
- Road Manage, present and follow up on strategic bets within Shows & Editorial (S&E) and represent S&E in cross-functional bets within the Company, for the South American region.
- Work with the Latin Global S&E teams as well as other cross-functional teams to progress towards various content objectives.
- Passionately achieve optimal performance of the South American region, by analyzing analytics and performance indicators of the work of you and your team.
- Responsible for the daily content programming and curation for Colombia within Spotify.
- Identify and substantiate playlist hypotheses. Curate and maintain a large number of varied and localized playlists for all our Colombian users.
- Work from Colombia.
Who you are
- At least 6+ years of experience in the music industry.
- You are a natural leader and have +4 years experience managing teams.
- You have a deep knowledge of music, entertainment and culture when it concerns South America and it’s music marketplace in general and you are also an expert when it comes to knowledge of Colombian artists, festivals, history, newcomers, influencers – basically everything to do with the lifestyle and culture in Colombia.
- Perfect Spanish and English are a must for this position. Both spoken and written (editorial level).
- You have the ability to work with - and respond to - analytics.
- You care about attention to detail and organization, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a friendly, warm attitude.
- You have the ability to assume responsibility for large strategic initiatives, and understand how to set up, organize and run complex projects and report on/present the results.
- You have a story that demonstrates your passion for music that you can tell us about!
Please attach your CV in English!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.