IT Internal Controls Manager
Are you a tech savvy IT and finance professional who is looking for a challenge in an exciting, fast-growing company? Spotify is looking for an IT Internal Controls Manager for our growing Internal Controls team. Does this sound like you? If so - we’d love to talk to you!
What you'll do
Spotify is looking for an IT Internal Controls Manager for our growing Internal Controls team. We work cross-functionally to 1) identify areas of operational, financial, and technology risk, 2) make recommendations on business and IT process and controls, and 3) influence business decisions.
- Responsible for assessing and prioritizing the technology risks within Spotify as it relates to financial reporting.
- Perform internal control testing on all systems and data processing focusing on user access and security, program change, and computer operations, report results, and make recommendations to ensure the adequacy and effectiveness of the processes and controls.
- Participate in integrated audits by working with Spotify’s financial auditors to assess the effectiveness of controls that mitigate financial risks. Address IT issues raised in the external audit, including recommending improvements to processes and controls.
- Provide guidance and support to internal stakeholders as they look to address IT control deficiencies or make significant process changes (e.g. implementation of new systems).
- Stay abreast of changes to regulation as well as best practice within internal controls. Share your ideas and perspectives with the rest of the Spotify team and help us become better. Ensure own professional development and maintain technical knowledge.
- Collaborate very closely with Spotify’s Compliance & IT Integrity team and align internal control initiatives.
Who you are
You love working in fast-changing environments and change management comes natural to you. You are a proactive and structured problem solver that likes to collaborate in geographically diverse teams. You don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and getting into the details but can also operate on a strategic level. You are passionate about what we do at Spotify and would like to become a part of changing how the world experiences music!
- You have a bachelor degree with major in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Information Systems or similar
- Vast experience within IT risk, governance, compliance, IT internal audit or IT external audit. (probably +7 years)
- Experience from the big 4 accounting firms and internet/tech companies is a strong plus
- You must have recent experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and significant experience working with control frameworks, including testing and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of IT general controls and how that impacts the business process controls
- Knowledge of agile development methods, the latest technology tools and programming languages is a plus
- Current knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (e.g. US GAAP, IFRS) is a merit
- CISA and other relevant professional certifications are a merit
This is a full time position, working out of our Stockholm, Sweden office. When applying, please provide all documents in English and in PDF or TXT format. Some travel will be required.We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.