Operations Lead within the Growth Opportunities Mission
We are looking for an Operations Lead to one of Spotify’s Missions: Growth Opportunities. Growth Opportunities is a part of Spotify’s product development organisation. Our mission is to grow the number of new free users throughout the world by innovating on our product. We have currently 8 teams working in our Mission and we are constantly spinning up new teams. The teams are focused on driving projects (e.g. localization of our product for a market launch) to optimizing and owning the funnel into the product (e.g. sign up, product onboarding).
We are driven by making impact and we want to do that by taking informed strategic decisions and deliver on what we commit to. As a Mission we collaborate with a lot of other departments at Spotify and therefore we value strong communication and collaboration skills.
What you’ll do
As an Operations Lead within this Mission you will work in close collaboration with the leadership team, making sure we run a proactive, transparent and effective operation.
Areas of responsibilities:
Planning and organizational rhythm
- Facilitate well-informed and effective decision-making and prioritization
- Partner with different stakeholders with incoming requests to help scope and propose projects for prioritization.
- Represent the mission in a number forums for strategic and tactical planning
Workforce planning and forecasting
- Drive quarterly budgeting & forecasting
- Prepare quarterly Mission Review
- Track how we’re doing on skills, diversity, seniority
Support Tribe Leads to be effective
- Clarify and improve Growth Opportunities’ organizational structure and workstreams
- Support leads on strategic hires
- Help track and visualize actions from Leadership meetings
- Drive improvement of internal and external communications
- Make sure the alliance effectively communicates strategies, priorities, bets and impact within the alliance and to outsiders in technology, product, design, marketing, investors and other forums
- Leadership: Build up a high performing team of mission support functions & grow and develop individuals
Who you are
- You have lead organizations effectively and have management experience
- You are business minded and comfortable with ambiguity and eager to understands the “why” of situations to maximize impact
- You have the ability to develop relationships to create influence in complex organizations
- You can balance the need of getting people on board with the need to get things done
- You are organized and have the ability to drive towards impact in a changing environment
- You have practical experience of agile and lean values, principles and techniques.
- You have experience from running complex projects
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.