Analytics Director, Finance and Advertising
Spotify seeks an exceptional leader to drive our data-first strategy within the Finance and Advertising team at Spotify. Analysts at Spotify turn terabytes of data into insights, to get a deep understanding of finance, advertising and user behavior to impact our strategy and direction. We are looking for a leader to drive these efforts and bring data and insights into every decision we make. Most importantly, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of analysts in extracting actionable insights from large sets of data.
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Work closely with various teams and senior management across Finance, Advertising and the wider business - Using data to impact their decisions
- Take a lead in utilizing data to form strategy for Finance and Advertising
Who you are:
- You have at least 8+ years of experience in a combination of data analyst roles or strategy roles, ideally in a media business or working with finance and advertising analytics teams, and you have also led a team
- You have a deep understanding of numbers and experience performing analysis with large datasets
- You have the technical competence to perform more advanced analytics:
- Coding skills (such as Python, Java, or Scala)
- Analytics tools experience (such as Pandas, R, SPSS, SQL, Hadoop, Sense or Tableau)
- You have a proven track record of turning very loosely defined problems into data-driven solutions
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
- You are a leader and have experience in managing teams. You can motivate and mobilize your team and help them to develop, as well as influence other stakeholders to follow your lead and implement new initiatives
- You have a high level of comfort interfacing with all levels of management (externally and internally) and can communicate cross-functionally in a structured and clear manner to influence outcomes
- You are skilled at leading and executing complex projects spanning multiple stakeholders, and know how to get things done in a larger organization where you are not always in direct control of all the resources and competencies needed to get the job done
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.