Lead Ad Tech Machine Learning Engineer
We are looking for a Lead Ad Tech Machine Learning Engineer to help us build a modern and dynamic ad stack which can efficiently serve ads to our 70+ million active users. Our mission is to improve the ad experience for our users and advertisers alike, and grow our advertising business to a market leader. You will help us define and materialize our monetization vision.
What you’ll do
- Help us materialize our long term ads vision by turning it to tactical goals and requirements
- Plan and coordinate several large projects across our ad infrastructure
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Spotify in general
- Help architect our ad delivery and decisioning stack to be able to optimize for both yield and performance
- You will provide technical guidance in a number of aspects of data science and engineering including: hypothesis testing, analysis, modeling, and production deployment, especially in a JVM ecosystem
- Hack on your ideas during regular hack days and bi-annual hack weeks
Who you are:
- You are a technical leader within the ad tech domain
- You have 10+ years of experience in designing, building, deploying and operating high-volume data infrastructure systems and machine learning models.
- You have a good understanding of the advertising business and the ability to bridge the gap between tech and product
- You contribute to the long term vision and strategy in your domain of expertise
- You have preferably worked with bidders, pacers and ad performance optimizations
- You have experience architecting and building high volume, low latency, highly available systems
- You have experience leading large projects across several teams
- You are a skilled communicator and have a proven record of leading work across disciplines
- You are a passionate mentor and teacher
- You take operational responsibility for the services you build and maintain
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.