Research Manager, Data
We are looking for a Research Manager for Spotify’s data organization (“Data Mission”) to lead and grow our Stockholm research team.
Our research team conducts foundational research on all aspects of Spotify — users, creators, product, content — to develop models, produce actionable insights, and generate proprietary data in support of our long-term goals. We combine data, behavioral and network science, applied math, and machine learning.
The Data Mission is responsible for making Spotify a data-first company.
What you’ll do
- You will build and lead a team of researcher scientists through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and hands-on career development
- You will develop and implement practices and processes to strengthen the productivity of the Research team and the quality of its output
- You will help unblock research projects when needed and provide general research guidance to researchers (or specific guidance as it fits your domain expertise)
- You will work from our office in Stockholm, Sweden
Who you are
- You are an experienced manager
- You thrive when developing great people
- You have earned a degree in mathematics, science, and/or computer science.
- You are a creative problem-solver who is passionate about digging into complex problems and devising new approaches to reach results and understanding. You are enthusiastic about learning new techniques and technologies.
- You want to make an impact
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.