Product Development Analyst
Product Development AnalystWe are looking for an outstanding data analyst to guide Spotify’s product decisions by crunching large data sets, analyzing the results and gaining insight.
We collect and glean vast amounts of data on a daily basis to learn more about Spotify: our users, artist trends, advertisement effectiveness and much more. Our team's role is to make Spotify a better company through the use of data-driven decision making.
By discovering patterns and trends, understanding and solving complex problems in a structured way, and ultimately reaching valuable data-driven conclusions, you will play a key role in the Analytics team and at Spotify as a whole.
Who are we looking for?• The key skills we are looking for are intellectual curiosity, logical thinking, and the ability to solve problems that may be ill-defined. The ability to balance academic rigor and business pragmatism is another key trait we are looking for.
• Solid communication-skills are essential. The Analytics team is in constant contact with each of Spotify’s departments, and the ability to understand and collaboratively define their data needs is an integral part of the role.
• An analytical academic background is essential; an undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline is required (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Economics, etc.)
• Experience in general service programming (Python, Java, etc.). Must be familiar with Python.
• Skilled in extracting data from SQL databases and familiarity with No-SQL data processing solutions (Hadoop, MongoDB, etc.)
• 2+ years experience in a data analyst role.
You’ll be working with a world-class team of data scientists and engineers who are passionate about what they do. Your primary focus will be providing data insights for our product monetization team, responsible for bringing new ad formats and features to market. You should have an insatiable appetite for learning new things and improving existing ones. People who meet us tend to comment on our energy, and how passionate we are for our team’s mission. We hope it’s infectious! At such a fast moving start-up you’ll find opportunities rather than boundaries in every single role.