Web Engineering Manager - Ads Infrastructure
You will be working on the Spotify desktop client, which is a pretty unique application built with web technologies, and other modern standalone web applications (using React, Redux, Docker, ES2015) for ad creation and audience management use-cases. In this role, you will have to manage the team using your technical experience and great communication skills.
What you'll do
- Work closely with the recruitment team to hire and onboard web engineers
- Develop people through coaching and mentoring
- Partner with Product Managers and the Design team to shape ads products
- Advocate a growth mindset within your team
- Participate actively in architectural discussions and have a strategic point of view around web technologies used in different projects.
- Keep people motivated and engaged in your team
- Mentor engineers to grow in their careers
- Connect team’s operational work with the broader mission and vision
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of experience building web applications and working with web technologies
- You have Experience in API design
- Someone that has demonstrated knowledge of software engineering and Agile practices
- You possess 2+ years of experience as a people and hiring manager
- An effective leader through strategic and tactical thinking
- You are interested in change management
- You have good oral and written communication skills
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.