Senior Backend Engineer- Prototyping
We are looking for a senior backend engineer with an entrepreneurial mindset able to solve a wide-range of technical challenges in a prototyping environment. You should have experience in distributed and real time systems using a diverse range of tools. You will create our next-generation contextual audio playback platform.
What you’ll do
- Choose the right tool for the problem.
- Make decisions that influence the scalability and performance of user-facing systems.
- Leverage our infrastructure and Google Cloud Platform to deploy ideas quickly and scalably.
- Develop real time pipelines for media management.
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Spotify in general.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems for delivering various media worldwide.
- Be a valued member of a lean, autonomous, cross-functional team with a start up feel.
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate Java services in addition to a variety of other languages
- Be a leader of the Spotify-wide backend developer community affecting and driving our architecture across the company
- Hack on what you want during regular hack days and bi-annual hack weeks.
- Work from our awesome office in New York City where we solve problems in Monetization, Music Recommendations, Features for Artists, and Social Networking.
Who you are
- You are eager to work on potentially high-impact prototypes.
- You are an experienced technical leader.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset
- You know how to write distributed, high-volume services in Java and other appropriate languages
- You are experienced with deploying and operating Dockerized services
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.