Global process owner Invoice to Pay
Are you a people manager extraordinaire and a change maker that thrives in a fast-paced environment? Have you got vast experience from Invoice to pay function in an international environment and outsourcing of the ITP process? Then Spotify is looking for you. We prefer you to be stationed in our Stockholm office but we are also open to placement in our London office.
What you’ll do
The Invoice to Pay Global Process Owner (ITP GPO) is accountable to drive global transactional process standardisation through implementation of best practices, systems, and policies across Spotify. You will ensure process integration and alignment with the procurement objectives, ensuring those objectives and resources are properly aligned across the end-to-end process to best achieve Spotify’s overall goals. The ITP GPO is responsible for working with all stakeholders to streamline the transactional processing of the Invoice to Pay process. This individual will act as the global thought leader and influencer regarding process excellence and service delivery to ensure process performance meets or exceeds agreement service levels. They will also act as the Invoice to Pay business partner for the Global Sourcing Team. This role will be located in our New York office if you are a U.S. citizen and in our Stockholm office if you are located outside the U.S.
- Leads and contributes to the development and subsequent execution of leading practice and continuous improvement strategies of the Accounts Payable and Employee Expense function.
- Supports design, development, maintenance, management, and enforcement of standardized Accounts Payable policies, procedures, processes, controls, and enabling systems in partnership with supporting functions, including, Procurement, Accounting, Treasury, and IT.
- Supports the integration of AP-related systems with other company systems and tools.
- Manages and evaluates operations activities to defined metrics (i.e. DPO, aging), recommends improvement and modifications, and prepares operations activities reports for leadership review.
- Manages and oversees all Invoice to Pay and Expense resources
- Leads and manages the relationship and performance of our outsourced vendor from an ITP perspective, continuously identifying and evaluating opportunities
- Partners with Global Sourcing/Treasury and Suppliers to drive optimal payment terms, invoice compliance and to enable automatic invoicing and disbursements resulting in paperless processes
- Aggregates, maintains, analyses, reconciles and reviews with leadership the accounts payable ledger accounts, financial statements and other required AP reports and controls
- Manages and ensures the Accounts Payable team prepares records, verifies, and pays supplier invoices in an accurate and timely fashion
- Partners with Global Sourcing and Tax function to ensure effective maintenance of supplier master data, transactional data, financial data and tax data
- Manages and ensures payment of all employee expense reimbursements
- Ensures SOX compliance of the Invoice to Pay function, including identifying and managing fraud risks, ensuring segregation of duties, facilitating audits and reviewing the occurrence of non-standardised processes and activities
- Manages the development and delivery of training materials to the business and ITP teams and ensures the continued development of resources to support the function
Who you are/what you have
- An absolute requirement is extensive experience from the AP/ITP function at a European or Global headquarters
- A strict requirement is also that you have lead an AP/ITP team and have proven competencies in the area of leadership, communications, negotiations and partnerships, problem-solving and decision-making
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team building skills, and customer relationship skills
- Thorough knowledge of the end-to-end Procure to Pay process and services delivery excellence
- Experience working with an outsourced third party in the AP/ITP process
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness and understanding of industry trends
- Expert in-depth global process knowledge; experience in business process improvement and redesign; proven operational management
- B.Sc degree in accounting or equivalent
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.