Product Director, Knowledge Graph
What you’ll do
- Define & drive the vision for the suite of products, systems, services & APIs that comprise our Knowledge Graph. These systems are responsible for our understanding of music and other media, and our users and their behavior, to provide raw data and features & programming based on this knowledge.
- Bring expertise with analyzing and understanding organic behavior and actions, to improve and optimize our models and approaches of understanding users.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to expand our sources of data and knowledge, and identify new vectors to program innovative experiences.
- Build, maintain and expand our user-facing features that directly leverage our knowledge graph, including things like artist, label, and genre playlists & mixes, among others.
- Advocate and promote the incorporation of machine learning techniques and technologies to expand and improve on our core datasets.
- Manage, inspire, and grow the existing product organization and squads
- Work from our Boston office, with frequent collaboration and travel to our NYC and Stockholm offices
Who you are
- You have 10+ years experience managing and developing well-loved software products as a PM. You’ve had many experiences defining product roadmaps, building collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and shipping at scale.
- You have 5+ years experience in managing Product Managers and a portfolio of multiple products and teams
- You are a compelling storyteller with experience communicating concepts and ideas to engineers and creatives alike.
- You have good instincts but match that with deep analytical thinking to focus on the things that matter most, especially with expertise in large amounts of data.
- You have an understanding of and strong interest in musical and media data, and the systems and capabilities to construct & extend such systems.
- You have a proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation, and in a variety of contexts.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.