Senior Application Support Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Application Support Engineer that will join our Internal IT team. Spotify is experiencing intense internal growth within the company - most obviously in the number of employees, but also in the number of new departments and internal systems.
Our workflow tools are largely served by the Atlassian suite; Jira Service Desk, Jira and Confluence. We also use Google Cloud Platform applications for certain tasks. We rely heavily on web-based services and you will have the opportunity to work with new and interesting technology as well as with some of the best people in the industry.
As an Application Support Engineer you will be responsible for taking care of the Atlassian suite and other internal IT systems. In addition, you will work directly with our stakeholders as a workflow efficiency expert. This work will be delivered through day to day requests, consultation and the completion of projects. You will champion the use of workflow tools by providing expertise and coordinating training.
What you’ll do
- Administer internal systems such as Jira, Confluence, Google.
- Run small and large projects with various parts of the organization.
- Support and develop internal systems for Spotify staff.
- Manage user access to key systems.
- Take the lead in troubleshooting and analyzing application issues.
- Proactively look for and implement improvements.
- Champion workflow efficiencies throughout Spotify.
Who you are
The ideal candidate has a strong technical profile combining systems administration and knowledge in Atlassian suite tools with a workflow efficiency mindset.
- You have knowledge of configuration management tools.
- You have analytical skills.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- You are knowledgeable of at least one scripting language (Groovy, PowerShell, bash, python, ruby etc.)
Nice to have:
- You have expertise in Ubuntu Linux based systems.
- You thoroughly understand system and network security.
- You are experienced in managing Active Directory and LDAP.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.