Product Owner - Gothenburg
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Product Owner to join our Playlist Platform team in Gothenburg, Sweden. In this role you will work closely together with a team of motivated and experienced engineers on one of Spotify’s most used features, making it possible for other teams within Spotify to succeed when building playlist experiences on top of the platform your team provides.
Together we try to find new ways to create a great Spotify experience for all our users at all times. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with a team of skilled engineers and set the high-level mission, vision, and roadmap for the platform and the team
- Define the metrics and KPI’s used to measure the health of the platform - and how these improve over time
- Work closely with stakeholders across the organization to make sure that you collaboratively provide for the company’s short- and long-term goals
- Make sure that your team is strong and healthy - including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth
- Make sure that your team is constantly doing the right things, and has a healthy balance of innovation, reducing technical debt and providing maintenance and support
Who you are
- You have experience working as a product owner, or similar, in high performing, cross functional teams
- You have a technical understanding of what it takes to build and maintain large scale applications and services and you are comfortable facilitating and participating in the architectural and technical decisions made in the team
- You know how to inspire, motivate and support a team to get things done
- You can translate your and your team’s knowledge and experience to user stories and prioritized backlog items
- You are good at communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels, in different shapes depending on the context
- You know how to influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation, and in a variety of contexts
- You have experience with data driven product development and a deep knowledge of agile methodologies
You will be based in our Gothenburg office - we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.