Manager, Content Accounting Operations
We are looking for an experienced Content Accounting Operations Manager to manager the publishing content accounting operations accounting process. The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years of combined experience in a leadership role at a global organization listed in the U.S. and public accounting firms. The position is based in NYC.
What you will do
- Direct and oversee the entire publishing content process, which includes maintenance of the current publishing accrual and matching of new publishing invoices to current accruals, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with IFRS.
- Responsible for directly managing maintenance of any rev share assessments, and review of all publishing deals, approvals, reporting, account reconciliations and fluxes.
- Interpret and analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems within the publishing content process.
- Work closely with Business Development to improve tools available for Content in the preparation and analysis of publishing content.
- Detailed analysis of high levels of transaction level detail to understand trends and appropriateness.
- Liaison with key business partners on policies, processes and programs, for example, Legal, Content, Sales, Sales Operations, FP&A, Billing, AR, Payment, Tax, Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting.
- Work closely with IT and key business owners to drive key system initiatives and improvements.
- Ensure information systems are adequate for the volume and complexity of transactions as well as for analyzing financial data.
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate in special projects, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
- Travel can be required from time to time.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with CPA or CA preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years related experience with global public company.
- Experience from the music industry preferred, specifically publishing oriented.
- Experience from big 4 is required.
- Experience with major ERP system required (Oracle, SAP or Netsuite).
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, strong analytical and communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to collaborate with management and others in the company.
- Makes sound decisions on routine matters in support of immediate work group's goals.
- Having worked in public companies with international operations is a must, preferred if listed in the U.S.
- Experience of IFRS and/or SOX is an advantage.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.