Engineering Manager, Backend, Experience Platform
We are looking for a Chapter Lead to join the Playback product area of the Experience Platform tribe in Stockholm. The product area focuses on providing the world’s best playback experience. In this role, you’ll work primarily with our Deliverance squad based in Stockholm, a squad responsible for distribution and delivery of Spotify content across the globe.
As a leader in this infrastructure-centric part of the organisation, strong technical leadership and a solid background in network infrastructure or software development is important, so that you’re able to challenge and grow our experienced engineers. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your teams on strategy and execution.
What you’ll do
- Develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and feedback
- Participate in discussions about building and operating our content delivery capability
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Help develop and evangelize great engineering practices across all of Spotify
- Work closely with squads, product owners, agile coaches and other stakeholders to ensure we deliver world-class tools & capabilities for our content partners and the Spotify feature squads
- Work with the Talent Acquisition team to attract, onboard and retain diverse top talent
- Be an active part of the Tribe leadership team
Who you are
- You are experienced in leading, coaching and mentoring network infrastructure or software development teams and delivering solutions together with them
- You like building relationships with people and working with them so that they continuously improve
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about web and mobile development technologies
- Preferably, you have solid experience from working in an agile development environment
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.