US Product Design Summer Internship
Come join a team of talented designers and leave your mark on a global product. Spotify is redefining how the world experiences music. The Design team designs engaging and delightful experiences and insures that they are unified across all the touchpoints of our service.
The Design Team:
The design team is focused on bringing clarity, beauty and emotion to streaming music. We are informed by data and users stories to design the right product for our users. Our team’s work has a deep impact on the company strategy as a whole. We believe the best work happens within small, motivated teams and so look for people who can be great teammates and also be the advocate for the user through design.
Working at Spotify:
- Design approach. Do you have a set design approach or interested in an effective way to solve design problems? We never stop learning and teaching around what works.
- Data and intuition. We value design that solves real problems and makes an impact in our current space. To do this we track data both qualitative and quantitative that informs our design.
- Show don’t tell. It’s important for designers to explain their design process, or why things look as intended. We spend our time designing and creating to explain our ideas.
- Own the experience. Champion for the users by designing products that fulfills our unique business requirements.
- Versatile Design. Spotify embraces hybrid designers that combine skills across visual and interaction design, and can dabble in development. This makes us versatile and adept at working in a fast paced agile environment.
- Work within a small team to design the features that create the experience of Spotify. You will be involved in ensuring features are intuitive, seamless and uniquely crafted.
- Deliver on UI projects by designing the high-level flow and the detailed interactions and visuals.
- Work effectively across all levels of management and various team members to learn about the design and product life cycle
- Gather and provide feedback from various team members to ensure top quality design.
- Learn, grow and have fun! :-)
We’re looking for enthusiastic, skilled students with a passion for music and an ambition to go far. You are a rising Junior, rising Senior, or a grad student working on your BS or MS program in HCI or related field.
- Strong design portfolio with examples of UX/UI
- Ability to make informed design decisions. You can describe the rationale behind your work using data and research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in design tools such as (but not limited to) Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and a positive attitude.
- Can demonstrate initiative and leadership with past projects in an academic or professional environment.
- Prototyping experience is a plus.
(Housing and travel expenses will not be provided in this paid internship program.)