Backend Engineering Manager – Ads Infrastructure
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the backend engineering practice within the Revenue Engineering mission. In this role, you will be instrumental in growing the team and guiding software development to successfully scale and build ad delivery infrastructure.
What you’ll do
- Develop people through coaching, mentoring, and management support
- Participate in backend engineering technology architecture discussions for product development and advocate better backend development practices (CI, testing, operational efficiency, etc.)
- Grow the technical expertise of your team around scalability, performance, and fault tolerance
- Advocate and promote leadership at all levels within the larger engineering community
- Work closely with squads, product owners, and agile coaches to ensure we deliver innovative products to our users.
- Work closely with the recruitment team to hire and onboard backend engineers
- Work from our office in NYC and be occasionally willing to travel to other Spotify offices
Who you are
- You have 2+ years of engineering management experience in leading, coaching, and mentoring teams.
- You are very knowledgeable about backend development in Java, and scaling and tuning performance of NoSQL systems
- You have a deep understanding of service oriented architectures and scalable systems serving millions of users
- You preferably have ad tech and large-scale backend experience in an agile development environment
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.