Head of Global Facilities
Spotify is growing globally and we are now looking for a Head of Global Facilities. In this role you will ensure efficient, professional and qualitative facilities policies and procedures to enable further growth of the business. Spotify has since the start in Sweden 2006 expanded to having locations in more than 20 countries with the largest representation in Stockholm, Sweden and New York, United States. Our office in Tokyo, Japan, is our newest addition to the Spotify family.
Spotify provides a passionate environment filled with innovative people, a fast pace and a never ending stream of new challenges. Last but not least you will be a part of unlocking the potential of human creativity – by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their work and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it! Spotify’s journey has started for real now, we hope you want to be a part of ride with us?
What you’ll do
The Head of Global Facilities will be responsible for leading our global Facilities team that consists of Office- and Project Managers, our Travel team and Security Managers. The office managers, in their turn, lead teams of receptionists and office coordinators and the project managers are the ones managing, designing and building our new offices as well as renovations of existing facilities. You will be collaborating closely with our FP&A, Real Estate and Legal teams in planning for future needs of new Spotifiers and creating the best possible facilities agreements for us. The job entails creating, implementing and executing strategy, policies and procedures relating to real estate. This position reports to our Chief Human Resources Officer. Other responsibilities include vendor selection, site security and budget oversight. This is a full time role located in our Stockholm office. The role will include up to 35% travels. In the role you will:
- Provide leadership and guidance to the facilities team and supporting staff
- Work closely with senior executives to decide directions of the global facilities management function
- Create, implement and execute strategy, policies and procedures relating to facilities
- Together with project leaders, prepare business cases for all existing facility modifications
- Negotiate and establish global agreements with vendors within the facilities domain
- Maintain positive relationships (handled on a day to day basis by Office Managers) with vendors and service providers to assure best pricing, delivery and service
- Have full budget responsibility for the global facilities operations
- Be outermost responsible for highest level of maintenance and physical appearance of all Company facilities to ensure the productivity and wellbeing of our awesome band
Who you are
We believe that you have vast experience from a similar role at a global company. You must be used to the extreme pace that Spotify moves at. As a part of our band, you need to be both a strategic thinker and a hands on doer. We like people who think for themselves, are collaborative and, in a constructive way, question their stakeholders and managers to find the best possible way forward. You need to be one (or more) step ahead at all times. You are both a supportive and empowering leader, an analytical project manager and a tough negotiator. To be considered for the band you will have:
- Preferably a B.Sc. in relevant field
- Vast experience from a similar role in a global company
- Proven track record of being a sincere and passionate leader empowering and inspiring others
- Experience in leading multi million dollar facilities projects with budget responsibility and collaborating cross functionally in a global environment
- A clear technical understanding of the Facilities management operations and at the same time an innovative and open view of different solutions
- The ability to interpret and negotiate complex agreements
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based tech environment
- A playful outlook on life and work!
Does this sound like you? Then send your CV in English and a presentation of yourself through our application service. We interview continuously, so don’t sit around and wait. We’re looking forward to receiving your application!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.