Engineering Manager, Playback Tribe, Gothenburg
As a leader in this infrastructure-centric part of the organisation, strong technical leadership and a solid background in software engineering is a must, so that you’re able to challenge and grow our experienced engineers. Your primary responsibility is to the people on your team: ensuring that the members are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time at Spotify. But you’ll also have plenty of opportunity to work across the larger Tribe and technology organization, in different challenging projects.
What you’ll do
- Grow people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and feedback
- Work closely with many squads, product owners, agile coaches and other stakeholders in Spotify on delivering world-class audio playback features & capabilities to our customers world-wide
- Work with the Talent Acquisition team and HR to attract, onboard and retain diverse top talent
- Advocate and advance modern software development practices in the team (pair programming, CI/CD, test automation etc)
- Contribute to the development and adoption of great engineering practices in your team and across the tribe and the Spotify technology department
- Advance the technical expertise of your team on e.g. system performance, security and maintainability
- Be an active member of the Playback Tribe leadership team and the Gothenburg office lead team
Who you are
- You are experienced in building, leading and mentoring software development teams and passionate about delivering valuable, working software with them
- You love developing and growing people
- Preferably, you have solid experience from working in an agile development environment
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.