Embedded Software Developer
Are you looking for a creative, fun and friendly workplace where you get to develop software that is used by more than 100 million people around the globe together with highly skilled colleagues?
Then Spotify might be the right place for you. We create all our software in small teams that we call squads. A squad has a mission and your task is to get to the goal through great communication and cooperation within the team. To be successful you must be a team player, someone that speaks your mind and willingly listens to the thoughts of others.
What you’ll do:
- Solve hard and interesting problems through programming
- Build Spotify’s smallest client side library, used in speakers, TVs and Cars.
- Work with a software system: One part of the logic is written in compact portable C and another part lives in a backend service written in performant Java
- Become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
Who you are:
- You are an expert in C/C++
- You embrace quality, and want to automate as much as possible of the testing that is part of the everyday development process. If you’re not already an expert you would like to grow with us in this area.
- If you have backend Java skills as well, that’s a big advantage since you will be able to solve full stack problems within the team (not required to get the job).
If you feel that you could make a difference in the environment we have described and have a degree in Computer Science or similar valuable experience, we would love to get in touch with you.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and for the creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.