Team Lead Latin America - Shows & Editorial, Mexico D.F.
We are looking for an experienced Manager to lead our Latin American Shows & Editorial team. In this role you will oversee the music programming and curation strategy at Spotify for the Latin American region. You will ensure a top notch programmed experience for a multitude of moods, moments, and genres, as well as an engaging editorial approach for music and lifestyle. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you'll do
- Hiring, leading and managing the Latin American team of music editors/programmers - (excluding Brazil), focusing heavily on Programming strategies for the Latin American region.
- Road Manage, present and follow up on strategic bets within Shows & Editorial (S&E) and represent S&E in cross-functional bets within the Company, for the Latin American region.
- Work directly with the Head of Latin Culture and Regional Shows & Editorial Teams, as well as other cross-functional teams to progress towards various content objectives.
- Passionately achieve optimal performance of the Latin American region, by analyzing analytics and performance indicators of the work of you and your team.
- Identify and substantiate programming- and playlists hypothesis.
- Travel to the rest of Latin American countries and work directly with editors on the ground.
- Work from our office in Mexico City.
Who you are
- You are a natural leader and have +4 years experience managing teams.
- At least 8+ years of experience in the music industry, programming music for radio- or other media networks. You are also able to lean on a good reputation and a strong network within the Latin American music industry/community.
- You have a deep knowledge of music, entertainment and culture when it concerns Latin America and it’s music marketplace in general, and you are also an expert when it comes to knowledge of Latin American artists, festivals, history, newcomers, influencers – basically everything to do with the lifestyle and culture there, from Mexico to Colombia, Argentina, Chile, Peru...
- Perfect Spanish and English are a must for this position. Both spoken and written (editorial level).
- You have the ability to work with - and respond to - analytics.
- You care about attention to detail and organization, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a friendly, warm attitude.
- You have the ability to assume responsibility for large strategic initiatives, and understand how to set up, organize and run complex projects and report on/present the results.
- You have a story that demonstrates your passion for music that you can tell us about!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.