Head of PR - Japan
The Head of PR Public Relations, Japan, will manage all communications activities in Japan. This position will be charged with managing local agencies, developing and implementing both global and local PR initiatives for Japan. This person will report to the APAC Head of Communications (based in Sydney) and work closely with the Director of Japan (based in Tokyo).
- Drive broad mainstream consumer awareness and user acquisition through innovative consumer PR and publicity campaigns.
- Define Spotify’s role in the music ecosystem by engaging industry journalists, executives, artists and managers through multifaceted PR campaigns and events.
- Work in close coordination with other functions, including marketing, label relations, artist relations, content, analytics, ad sales, customer service, user comms etc.
- Executive media training, presentation development and speech writing.
- 5-10 years relevant experience in consumer PR, digital media, entertainment and music industry PR, or tech industry.
- Motivated self-starter.
- A deep love of music and technology.
- Proven ability to create wide-ranging consumer PR campaigns resulting in successful customer acquisition.
- Experience working with influencers or influencer PR is meriting.
- Strong agency management skills.
- Ability to multitask and work in a hectic and extremely fast moving industry & environment.
- Ability to look at long-term challenges differently and come up with creative solutions.
- Fluent in English and Japanese.
*Please submit resume in English only.*