About the company
We want to connect millions of people with their favourite songs and create a service that people love to use. We believe music should be easily accessible and that listening to music will make people live richer lives. We want to create a win-win situation for people who love listening to music and people who love creating music.
Preferably you are located in (or willing to relocate to) Stockholm, Sweden.
Our engineering team is responsible for the infrastructure underlying Spotify's music experience. We work on large scale distributed systems, from handling a billion playlists to streaming music to millions of users with subsecond latency and in a fault-tolerant manner. As an infrastructure engineer at Spotify, you will help us build, scale and maintain these systems, all of which have a direct impact on the lives of our users and the success of our business. We are looking for candidates who share a passion for tackling complexity and building platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude.
Required Job Qualifications
- Lots of experience with NoSQL solutions like Cassandra, Riak, Voldemort or Hbase for large-scale data solutions
- Strong and proven object-oriented development skills (Java preferred)
- Scripting language experience (Python preferred)
- Knowledge of relational databases/SQL (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Hands-on experience in Linux development, configuration, and performance tuning
- Experience of high-traffic, large-scale distributed systems and multi-threaded client-server architectures
- Understanding of asynchronous I/O, concurrency, and memory model on modern OS
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Contribution to open source projects