Mobile Software Engineer (Android Feature Developer)
We want to connect to millions of people with their favourite songs and create a service that people love to use. We believe music should be easily accessible and that listening to music will make people live richer lives. We want to create a win-win situation for people who loves listening to music and people who love creating music.
This is a great opportunity for Android developers with an eye for great UX and a passion for delivering great features. You’ll be working with a world-class team of engineers, designers and product managers striving to create the best mobile client for old and new Spotify users alike - and we expect no less from you. You should have an insatiable hunger for learning new things, and a strong appetite for iterating quickly, measuring and learning from your work.
If you’re the right person for us you pay attention to details and take great pride in your work. You’ll help us make the Spotify mobile apps even better, whether it`s implementing new features, improving performance of existing features or making sure that the user interface is top-notch.
- Outstanding engineering talent proven by great work results/experience, interesting hobby projects, open source contributions, or superior academic results
- 4 years of experience in software development and have a strong command of object oriented principles (can be non-professional experience)
- 1-2 years of experience in Android development
- An insatiable hunger for metrics and measuring and understanding what drives the millions of users that will be using your product. You know how you'd optimize a conversion funnel, and A/B testing is second nature to you.
- Fluent in writing both self-documented and well-documented code, explaining methods in good English.
- Self-motivated, but can excel in a team-based environment. Strong initiative and enthusiasm.
- An app in the Android market that you are proud of.
- It's also a plus if you have experience in C++ development. Underneath the application logic and UI, written in Java, our app uses a C++ library shared with other Spotify mobile and desktop clients.
- A degree in computer science or similar is a plus, but not required.
People who meet us tend to comment on our energy, and the passion we have for what we’re doing. We hope it’s infectious! At such a fast moving start up you’ll find opportunities rather than boundaries in every single role.
When applying, please provide all documents in pdf or txt format and include URLs to apps you have worked on with descriptions for each of what your contribution was. If you've got github or similar please provide that as well.