We are looking for an outstanding reporting analyst to maintain and develop External Reporting processes and systems with responsibility that external parties get correct data in time, and internally support Finance, Business Development, and Licensing with data-driven analysis.
Daily we collect vast amounts of data, which contains extremely valuable business intelligence. Everyday we analyze terabytes of data in order to get statistics about Spotify and our users, learn about artist trends, target advertisements better and much more. The goal is to improve and make the Spotify service better.
- Experience from working with analysis at a consumer-oriented company in the digital space.
- A degree in mathematics, statistics or computer science is meriting.
- The key skill we are looking for is intellectual curiosity and the ability to understand and solve not always well-defined problems and come up with relevant answers to guide our business decisions.
- However this needs to be combined with a passion for numbers, statistics as well as strong business and financial acumen.
- To be able to work with our very large datasets and solve the problems, programming skills is a must.
- Experience with modeling in Excel.
Most of the Spotify backend is written in Python, but previous experience with Python is not required. If you’re the one we’re looking for, you want to grow and learning new programming languages is something you do with ease anyway. You should preferably have worked with large data sets before, the larger, the better. Experience with Hadoop and MapReduce is definitely something we value.
You’ll be working with a world-class team of analysts and engineers who are passionate about what they do - and we expect no less from you. You should have an insatiable appetite for learning new things and improving existing ones. If you’re the right one for us, you pay attention to details and take great pride in your work.
People who meet us tend to comment on our energy, and the passion we have for what we’re doing. We hope it’s infectious! At such a fast moving start up you’ll find opportunities rather than boundaries in every single role.