Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
Spotify is looking for exceptional machine learning engineers to help us build the world’s best music recommendations. The ideal candidate has experience in large scale machine learning, collaborative filtering, recommender systems, and/or other related fields.
We employ large scale machine learning techniques to mine terabytes of data to come up with great music recommendations, personalize the Spotify experience, classify music, clean our data, and other things. As a ML developer at Spotify you will work on new recommendation algorithms, try out new ways to apply our data, build new product features, and run continuous A/B tests. You will come up with new and interesting hypotheses, test them, and scale them up to huge data sets with hundreds of billions of data points. You will help us build new backend services to serve thousands of requests per second. You will be working with dedicated and passionate people. Availability, scalability and recommendation quality are our prime concerns. The features you are building will help millions of users find new music they will love.
The role is based in New York City and a relocation package will be offered to candidates outside of a commutable distance.
- Apply machine learning techniques on vast data sets
- Run small scale experiments with new algorithms and scale it up to MapReduce scale
- Hack on Spotify backend software components
- Assume ownership over certain components and continuously work to improve them
- Run A/B tests to determine what makes our users the happiest
- Be proactive and constantly pay attention to the scalability, performance and availability of our systems
- Take an active interest in our features and our user happiness
- Occasionally help out with recruitment
- PhD or M.Sc., in Machine Learning or related fields strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years work experience
- You have publications and/or open source projects to share with us
- Strong algorithm background
- Fluent in Python/Java and Linux
- Experience with analyzing large data sets using Hadoop is a great plus
- Experience with other distributed systems and scalability problems is also a great plus