Software Engineer (iOS Developer)
We want to connect to millions of people with their favourite songs and create a service that people love to use. We believe music should be easily accessible and that listening to music will make people live richer lives. We want to create a win situation for people who loves listening to music and people who love creating music.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for iOS developers. You’ll be working with a world-class team of engineers who are passionate about what they do, and we expect no less from you. You should have an insatiable hunger for learning new things and improving existing ones. If you’re the right on for us you pay attention to details and take great pride in your work. You’ll help us make the Spotify mobile apps even better, whether it`s implementing new features, improving performance or making sure that the user interface is top-notch.
You`re located in (or willing to relocate to) Göteborg, Sweden.
- Outstanding engineering talent proven by great work results/experience, interesting hobby projects, open source contributions, or superior academic results.
- 4 years of experience in software development, professional or non-professional, and have a strong understanding of object oriented principles.
- 1-2 years of experience in iOS development, using Obj-C and Cocoa Touch. You have some kick-ass iPhone/iPad apps in the App Store that you can show us.
- Experienced in C++ development, being able to write and debug cross-platform code that is suitable for mobile constraints. Underneath the iOS application logic and UI written in Obj-C, our iPhone app uses a C++ library shared with other Spotify mobile and desktop clients.
- Fluent in writing well-documented code. You love to explain and show off your awesome new code snippet you just did to those around you, and you can do so in fluent English.
- A degree in Computer Science or similar is a plus, but not required.
On a personal level, we're looking for someone who:
- Has an agile mindset, fast to adopt to constant changes and feeling comfortable with it.
- Focused on what is most important at all time, realising when to change the game plan and when to stick to it.
- Good at communicating, both within and outside the team.
- Able to plan and administrate your own work.
- Open, you say what you mean and mean what you say.
- Takes pride in and assumes responsibility for your work
People who meet us tend to comment on our energy, and the passion we have for what we’re doing. We hope it’s infectious! At such a fast moving start up you’ll find opportunities rather than boundaries in every single role.
When applying, please:
- Provide all documents in pdf or txt format
- Include URLs to apps you have worked on with descriptions for each of what your contribution was.
- Include URL to Github account or similar