Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
We want to connect millions of people with their favorite songs and create a service that people love to use. We believe music should be easily accessible and that listening to music will make people live richer lives. We want to create a win-win situation for people who love listening to music and people who love creating music.
Main Responsibilities of the Team:
Most Spotify backend components are written in Java, Python or C/C++. We are looking foremost to grow the Java expertise on the team as we build out Spotify’s next generation Platform. We operate mostly in a GNU/Linux environment. Most of our systems are small and decoupled. They can typically be fully understood and maintained by a single developer.
As a backend developer at Spotify, you will create, develop and maintain these systems, as well as work work on public interfaces/APIs to enable their use by 3rd party developers. You will be working with dedicated and passionate computer geeks. Availability, scalability and code quality are our prime concerns.
- Hacking on Spotify backend software components
- Assuming ownership over certain components and continuously working to improve them
- Being proactive and constantly paying attention to the scalability, performance and availability of our systems
- Coding is one of your passions in life
- You are fluent in Java and at least one other programming language
- Expert understanding of Object Oriented design, advanced algorithms, data structures, REST APIs, and developing platform services
- You have 5+ years of experience working on large scale, highly distributed systems
- Nothing from low level hacking to large scale design intimidates you
- You either have extensive experience of development in Unix-like systems such as GNU/Linux
- You take an interest in, and preferably actively contribute to, the world of Free and Open Source Software - show us what you got!