Backend Software Engineer
Spotify is looking for strong technical leaders, who can join our autonomous teams and contribute to all aspects of development.
You will be joining a small team of talented developers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development. You will get a chance to apply these and other skills to ongoing projects and user facing products that compose your favorite music streaming service. Spotify believes in the growth and empowerment of our people. To that effect, we promote an open and proactive culture where engineers are encouraged to learn and contribute in ways outside the usual coding assignment. This can include areas such as recruitment, hack projects, open source, conferences, public speaking, leadership among others. Our mission is to make all of the world’s music available to everyone, everywhere, and we want your help at it!
- You are fluent in multiple programming languages (dynamic or static typed)
- You have experience with Linux/Unix systems
- You have extensive experience with relational databases and/or key-value stores
- You are comfortable with processing and analyzing large data sets
- You have worked with distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
- You have good understanding of system design, data structures and algorithms
- You are passionate about what you do
- Provide technical leadership to the development team
- Work closely with Product Owners, QA, Agile Coaches and other teams in an agile environment to collaborate and influence new products
- Continuously design, develop and deploy backend services with focus on high availability, low latency and scalability
- Measure and evaluate features and system metrics to continuously improve user experience and service performance
- Code primarily using Java and Python
- Work with technologies like Hadoop, Hive, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, etc
- Be proactive, go beyond expectations
This is a full time position, working out of our Manhattan location. When applying, please provide all documents in PDF, Word or txt format. Thanks!