Spotify® Support Community Guidelines
Effective as from 20 March 2012
1. No official support from Spotify
Keep in mind that most of the information or other material posted in the Community is user generated and not official support provided by Spotify. As with any information or advice, obtained through any medium, you should use your judgment and exercise caution where appropriate, regardless of from whom such material originates. For official support with account related and payment related questions, please submit a ticket to our customer service department using the contact form.
2. Use of the Community
In order to protect the integrity of our users and to maintain the Community as efficient and helpful as possible for the users, we expect you to observe the following rules:
- Before searching for a thread related to your topic or posting a question regarding a problem, try reinstalling the Spotify application using one of our reinstallation guides at the following link: https://support.spotify.com/au/learn-more/faq/#!/article/On-which-platforms-can-I-use-Spotify.
- Before posting or creating a new thread, make sure the issue you’re experiencing or the question you have is not already posted somewhere in the Community. Multiple threads on the same issue create clutter.
- Avoid double posting. Spotify will delete duplicate threads or posts on the same questions created by a user.
- Make sure that the thread you are posting on is relevant for your issue (for example, please do not post an iPhone related response on an Android related thread). Also, make sure that the thread is not outdated or relates to issues that have already been fixed or dealt with by Spotify.
- Please only post information relevant for the thread and avoid discussing personal matters or topics unrelated to Spotify services.
- Create a new thread or find another related thread if you have multiple queries. Do not add further queries to an existing thread.
- Be careful about the information that you post. Keep in mind that your posts will be available for all users of the Community. Spotify will only remove posts upon your request, as outlined in Section 4 below.
- Always use an appropriate and respectful language when you post information in the Community. Avoid racist, sexist, or otherwise offensive language that could be considered detrimental to other users, or Spotify employees or moderators.
- Do not post information or create threads for the promotion or advertisement of commercial products or services.
- In the spirit of integrity, please do not post information such as name, address, personal identification number, social security number, email address, credit card information, or other personal information of other persons. Also make sure that you have all legal rights and/or consents to post any information or other material that you provide or link to through the Community.
- For obvious reasons, do not post links to malware, trojan viruses, or otherwise malicious content.
- Spotify employees and moderators will identify themselves in the Community by using the Spotify logo as avatars. Do not use any Spotify logo or trade name as your avatar or user name, or otherwise pose as a Spotify employee or moderator when posting in the Community.
3. Reward program
Our customer champion and rewards program is based on the amount of “Kudos” received and quality of responses by a user. Please give “Kudos” only when they are deserved and reciprocate this by posting quality responses regularly. No posting of artificial responses or other manipulation of the reward program is allowed. Please remember that Spotify’s decisions relating to rewards will be final and binding.
4. Moderation and reporting
Please help Spotify to protect integrity and to maintain the Community as helpful as possible by reporting any inappropriate activity or user posts in the Community. Inappropriate content or activity may be reported by using the abuse button under the thread options.
Copyright © 2012 Spotify AB. All rights reserved.
Spotify Australia PTY. Ltd., Level 1 / 120 Chalmers Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010, Australia